Monday, 27 January 2014

Bouncing Ball




I have experimented with basic animation, trying to get myself used to animating within Maya due to never really using it before, I have only animate within flash so I know a little about key frames. Here I have started off with the ball on the floor then going in the air then back on the floor. I have frozen the transformations then set the key frames and have moved the pivot point to the bottom of the ball. In addition I have changed the angle of the tangents in the graph editors as at first it looked like the ball was slowing down before it hit the floor which wouldn't be possible or happen in real life. The image below shows he flow of the graph after I have changed the tangents.


Next I will be looking into rigs, which is again the first time that I have delved into this area, I will try to have a play and get to grips before I start animating my final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment